Thursday 14 November 2013

Tyson bio pulls no punches

Tyson bio pulls no punches, If you saw any of FS1’s Being Mike Tyson documentary series, you know that Tyson’s life is more interesting than most.

And now, in his new memoir, Iron Mike is shedding some light on the early, more trouble-filled days of his career, including the time Tyson claims that, high on cocaine, he attacked Don King in a moving car.

In an excerpt from Undisputed Truth published at Deadspin, Tyson writes about the time he flew to Miami to discuss a $20 million settlement that would allow King to promote his fights again.

Tyson said he “packed a big block of coke and a duffel bag with a half-pound of reefer” before he left, and when he arrived in South Florida, the following incident took place:

The drugs were playing with my head and I was freaking out and getting jealous.

Don picked us up at the private airport in his Rolls and he had Isadore Bolton, who used to be my chauffeur before he stole him from me, driving some of Don’s associates in the lead car. We were driving down to Miami from Fort Lauderdale on the I-95. Don said some innocuous thing, and all that jealousy and rage spilled out of me and I kicked him in his f---ing head. Boom! You don’t turn your back on a jealous cokehead.

Don swerved off onto the side median and I started choking him from the backseat. I got out of the car to get into the front seat and kick his ass some more, but Don took off down the median.

Then Bolton came back, at King’s request, to pick Tyson up from the side of the highway. Things did not get better from there:

Isadore got out of his driver’s door and I was right on him. I punched him in the face twice, shattering his left orbital bone. The force of the blows knocked him across the driver’s seat and I reached in and grabbed his leg and bit it. Isadore managed to kick me off him and close his door, so I punched the outer panel of his door and bent the steel. I was about to break his window when he managed to drive away.

His shoes were still on the side of the road and he was driving barefoot.

Somehow, Tyson was not arrested for all this — he said the cops were too star-struck to even notice the duffel bag full of drugs — and, after hitching a ride with the police, Tyson went on about his business.

So if there’s anything to be learned from this story, it’s this: There was a time when Mike Tyson could get away with anything, and, like the man says, you should never turn your back on a jealous cokehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment