Tuesday 20 November 2012

Missy Franklin decision

Missy Franklin decision, Missy Franklin's decision is coming down to the wire. Franklin, the swimmer who won four gold medals at the 2012

London Olympics, must decide if she wants to return to Regis Jesuit High School in Colorado for her senior season.
Like Us on Facebook :

Missy Franklin spoke about her impending decision at the Golden Goggle awards on Monday, according to the Associated Press. The teenager won female athlete of the year and top relay performance at the annual USA Swimming banquet.

Some feel that Franklin should not swim for her senior season because she is so much better than any of the other girls she would be competing against. Indeed, according to the New York Times, Missy Franklin is three seconds faster than any other female high-schooler in the state in the 100-meter backstroke. Franklin won this event during the London games.
But Missy Franklin thinks that this decision could be the right one.

"If I had anyone who swims high school come up to me and tell me they don't want me to swim, I would absolutely not swim," Franklin said at the banquet. "But everyone who I've talked to has been so supportive of it. So it's so hard when I have so many people that are really wanting me to do it and so supportive, and I have other people who are saying it's not fair. 'Why would you do this to other girls?' And I feel so bad thinking that they would think that.
"It's hard, because I feel like no matter what I do, it's going to be opposed in some way or form."

The 17-year-old has said in the past that she loves swimming for her high school team. The Times noted that Missy Franklin's parents have told her about the amount of money she could make if she turned professional.

"Even after going through that conversation, for me, I couldn't put a price on swimming in high school," Franklin said.

Missy Franklin already made another tough decision earlier this month, when she signed a letter of intent with the University of California. She plans to swim there for two years before turning pro, according to MercuryNews.com.

"I've had to make a lot of [decisions], and to be honest I'm kind of tired of them, and I don't want to make them anymore," Franklin said on Monday. "But I think this is my last big decision for a while.

"The hardest part for me is I really have no gut feeling on this. In my past big decisions, I've had a gut feeling. Now it's hard because I'm really relying on other people's opinions, and there's so many different opinions that I have no idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment