Monday 30 January 2012

Chelsea Handler back brace

Chelsea Handler back brace

Chelsea Handler back brace Chelsea Handler's partying leads to injury, Comedian Chelsea Handler says that she danced so much at a club in New York City  that she wound up in a back brace Appearing on the "Live! with Kelly" show, the spunky comic says that the "glide" dance she favors left her needing medical treatment



Chelsea Handler visited "Live! With Kelly" Friday morning to assure us all that it is, indeed, possible to have too much fun. After bringing up a Page Six story describing Handler's Belvedere-fueled night at New York's Provocateur last Friday, the "Are You There, Chelsea" actress and creator told Ripa that the night of dancing and drinking has since landed her in a back brace -- an accessory that Kelly assumed was a bullet proof vest after the pair hugged.

"Not to be funny, but I'm actually wearing a back brace because of something that happened that night," Handler explained. "I do this glide where I'm really happy and I sit while I dance because I have to hold onto something that's stable."

But a back brace isn't the only thing that's giving Handler a lasting memory of her night out -- she also admits that she was prescribed steroids after her night of partying.

According to the New York Post, the late night talk show host attended the Provocateur party, ordering bottle service at a private booth with two of her girlfriends. The threesome reportedly danced well into the morning. But while most of us simply wake up with a hangover, Handler's partying skills forced her into a completely different bracket -- pain kilers and a back brace.
Comedian Chelsea Handler is sporting a back brace after injuring herself during a night out on the town last weekend (20-22Jan12).
The funnywoman was partying with pals at New York City nightclub Provocateur on Friday (20Jan12) when her back gave out as she danced into the early hours of the morning.
And Handler admits the pain was so severe, she had to see a medic and get a cortisone injection to ease the swelling.
During an appearance on U.S. morning show Live! With Kelly on Friday (27Jan12), she explained, "I wouldn't call it dancing, what I was doing... I do this glide where I'm really happy. And I sit when I'm dancing because I like to hold onto something stable - either a person or a piece of equipment. I had to get steroids... I'm not kidding. I have a back brace on right now."
Baffled TV presenter Kelly Ripa was just glad Handler was doing OK, joking, "When I hugged you I thought you were wearing a bullet proof vest."

No comments:

Post a Comment