Friday 28 September 2012

NFL Week 4 picks

NFL Week 4 picks, Week three of the 2012 NFL season is in the books and what a weird, weird week it was. And what about my New York Giants taking it to the Carolina Panthers last Thursday night? Anybody catch that game? We looked good. Real good.

Not to brag or boast or anything but I managed to go 8-8 last week picking games. Not bad considering last week was totally crazy. How well did you do? If you say you picked double-digit games right you're totally lying.
Anyway, let's move on to week number four, yes? There's some good looking games and I can't wait to pick them. So let's begin the debate. Here are my picks for week four:
Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens -
Since 2001 the Ravens lead this series 15-7 and the last time the Browns beat the Ravens was in 2007. The Browns actually swept the Ravens that year. Really? Anyway, with all that said, I have the Ravens winning this one 24-13.
Browns @ Ravens
Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons are red hot right now and look like one of the teams to beat in the NFC. Going back to 2001 they lead this series 15-7 and last year they swept the Panthers. Matty Ice is almost unbeatable at home so give me the Falcons 31-20.
Panthers @ Falcons
New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills - What is up with the Pats, 1-2? Man, they must still be in shock over last year's Super Bowl loss to my Giants. Anyway, dating back to 2001, the Patriots lead this series 20-2 and after Sunday it will be 21-2. The Pats win big here 38-17.
Pats @ Bills
Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions - I'm still surprised that the Vikings beat the 49ers last week. I didn't see that coming. Since 2001, the Vikings lead this series 15-7. But the Lions swept the Vikings last year and Detroit has won two in a row versus Minnesota at home. Give me the Lions here 35-34.
Vikings @ Lions
San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs - Last week against the New Orleans Saints Jamaal Charles was a total beast! Good to see Charles back and looking healthy. Now in this series, San Diego has won seven of the past nine but have lost two straight in Arrowhead. All that aside, I like the Chargers here. Chargers win a close one 21-20.
Chargers @ Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams - I'm a believer in the Seattle defense. Those guys can flat out ball. Seattle has lost only once in their last seven trips to St. Louis and last year Marshawn Lynch ran all over the Rams to the tune of 203 yards and two scores. But for some reason my gut tells me that the Rams are going to eke out a win here. Rams win 17-14.
Seahawks @ Rams
San Francisco 49ers @ New York Jets -
The Jets are a terrible team and there is no way they should've won last week but whatever. Now the 49ers have won nine of the last 11 all-time tilts and the last time the 49ers played the Jets in New York they lost 22-14. This time they win. I'm taking the 49ers here. They're a better team and with no Darrelle Revis for the Jets I think the 49ers wide receivers have a huge day. 49ers win 20-13.
49ers @ Jets
Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans -
The Texans are looking like the team to beat in the AFC with their 29.3 points a game average. Believe it or not, since 2001 the Titans lead this series 14-6 with both teams splitting the series over the last four years. I just don't see the Titans winning this one. The Texans defense is just too good and all in all the Texans are a better team. I'm taking the Texans 31-20.
Titans @ Texans
Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos - Going back to 2001, the Broncos lead this series 12-10. The last time these two teams played, the Broncos won 38-24 in what was Carson Palmer's first start as the Raiders QB. This will be the first time that Peyton Manning faces the Raiders as the Broncos QB and I think the Broncos will prevail here. I like the Broncos to win 31-27.
Raiders @ Broncos
Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals -
The Cardinals are undefeated at home this year and I am a believer in what the Cardinals are about. They're a scrappy team that gets after you and will be in your face all day. The Cardinals have won their last two tilts versus the 'Fins and this Sunday will be their third. Cards win 24-3.
Dolphins @ Cardinals
Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars -
Now the Jaguars roll in to this meeting with an 11-7 edge in the series but have dropped the last two contests. When Bengals WR A.J. Green has at least 100 receiving yards the Bengals are 4-1. He will have at least that many yards on Sunday and the Bengals will win 27-24.
Bengals @ Jags
New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers -
The Saints are winless and the Packers are 1-2. What the what? This is what I know: Since 2009, the Packers are 10-3 after a loss and that's why I'm taking the Pack here. It's hard to fathom that the Saints are going to fall to 0-4, but they will. Give me the Packers 38-24.
Saints @ Packers
Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- In this little series the Buccaneers have won the last six regular season home contests. But that was before the Redskins had Robert Griffin III. That trend is about to change my friend. I like the 'Skins here to bounce back from last week's loss. Washington wins this battle 24-17.
'Skins @ Bucs
New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles -
This is the game of the week. My Giants squaring off against a divisional foe. Can't wait! Since 2001 the Eagles lead this series 16-8 and it kills me to type that. The Eagles pass defense has only allowed five completions of over 10 yards this season which is tops in the NFL. But then again, look at who they've played. That stat means zilch to me and I'm taking the Giants here 20-17 in a classic divisional showdown.
Giants @ Eagles
Chicago Bears @ Dallas Cowboys -
All I can say here is, "Go Bears!" The last time these two clubs got together the Bears prevailed 27-20 and that was in Dallas. The Cowboys offensive line is atrocious and the Bears can get after the passer. I'm taking the Bears here and I think Cutler gets back on track. Bears win 23-20 and Tony Romo will toss a game changing INT. Doesn't he always?
Bears @ Cowboys
Dylan Davis is an avid New York Giants fan and has grown up on New York Giants football. He's seen his G-Men win four Super Bowls and can't wait to see them win four more.

No comments:

Post a Comment