Saturday 17 March 2012

easy corned beef recipes

easy corned beef recipes




easy corned beef recipes, I've never really been into corned beef hash, even though I love potatoes, probably because I've only ever had the canned kind. Which is gross.
But I had all this leftover corned beef from making the St. Patrick's Day maki and saw this recipe, so I figured I might as well try. Actually, I did more than try; I went to Whole Foods at 8 am in the morning to get some onions because we were out just so I could try this recipe. And boy am I glad I did. Homemade corned beef hash is so exponentially better than the canned stuff, and it's pretty easy to make too!2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter or duck fat (guess which one I used)

1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2-3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold (I used Idaho potatoes, and it was fine)
Salt and pepper
Heat butter or fat in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) on medium heat. Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until translucent.

Mix in the chopped corned beef and potatoes. Spread out evenly over the pan. Increase the heat to high or medium high and press down on the mixture with a metal spatula.

Do not stir the potatoes and corned beef, but let them brown. If you hear them sizzling, this is good. Use a metal spatula to peek underneath and see if they are browning. If nicely browned, use the spatula to flip sections over in the pan so that they brown on the other side. Press down again with the spatula. If there is too much sticking, you can add a little more butter to the pan. Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes and the corned beef are nicely browned.

Remove from heat, and add salt to taste. Serve with fried or poached eggs for breakfast.
I simply love a good corned beef dinner, I have been making this particular recipe for at least 20 years now. I cook this corned beef every St. Patrick's day, the whole family just loves it. It takes a little work to prepare it but not so much that you can't still do other things around the house. This is the best tasting corned beef I have ever had in my life, it is so moist, tender, juicy and flavorful. So many recipes are still moist and tender but also flavorless.

4-5 Lbs. - Corned Beef ( with pickling packet )
2 - Bottles Beer ( your favorite brand )
1 - Lemon ( large )
1 - Orange ( large )
1 - Large Onion ( quartered )
Water to Cover

The Glaze:

1 C. - Brown Sugar
1 Tbs. - Dijon Mustard
1 C. - Apple Juice
1 C. - Orange Juice
4 Tbs. - Lemon Juice


Place the meat into a large soup pot, add the beer and enough water to cover the meat. Add the onion and pickling packet to the pot , cut the fruit and squeeze the juice into the water then place the fruit halves into the water also. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 4 hours, when done take the lid off and let the meat cool off in the cooking liquid, about 1 hour. Take the meat out of the cooking liquid and place into a baking dish, top the meat with the brown sugar. In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients and pour around the meat. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour basting every 10-15 minutes.

Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe makes a good, tasty and delicious St. Patrick's Day Recipe. I am looking for quick and easy Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe or Corned Beef Recipe. Can someone help me with Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment