Tuesday 29 October 2013

Aikman Manley Apologizes Slur

Aikman Manley Apologizes Slur, On Tuesday, Dexter Manley has apologized for calling former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman a “queer” on live radio.

On a Monday appearance on a Washington, DC radio station, Dexter Manley was asked about several NFL related topics. Manley, who sounded a bit out of it and even excused his thoughts and beliefs towards the hosts by saying he had “brain surgery,” eventually hit the topic of the Dallas Cowboys and the quarterback turned NFL announcer Troy Aikman.

In the radio interview, Manley is heard saying he always thought that Aikman was a “queer.”

The hosts of the program immediately sound as if they are caught off guard, and attempt to nudge Manley into an apology.

On Tuesday, Manley did indeed give that apology. Sending an email to the Washington Post, Manley apologizes by saying the following:

In an interview with WTOP radio Monday, while intending to be funny, I used a slur to refer to Troy Aikman. It was wrong and insensitive. Anyone that knows me knows that’s not who I am in my heart or mind. I want to apologize to Troy, but I mostly want to apologize to anyone else I offended. Like a lot of people in these times, I have to realize that what I thought was funny years ago doesn’t work now. I’ll do my best to make sure it doesn’t happen again and hope you will accept my apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment